Friday, April 24, 2009

This is getting outta hand!



So, today my improvisational music program for the wee little ones got totally out of hand. In a good way, thankfully :)
The Rockalong-with-Casey program starts at 10:00am, but our regulars tend to show up exactly at ten, and often a little late (slackers!) For this reason I tend to lag a bit on my start time, so everyone can get seated before we start to play. In the past I've teased my co-workers here at WTD because my Rockalong group (I don't use the word audience, because the kids are as much a part of the music as I am) has been surprisingly large, the biggest being 35 people. Thirty Five! I thought. That's more than the number of people who came to see my REAL band's first show, EEK!
But that was nothing. I know that now.

There were so many folks at Rockalong this morning that Nick had no way of fitting all EIGHTY in his camera! This photo shows a little glimpse...


If you're interested in the program, please feel free to contact us at 202.671.0267
ROCK ON!!!

Casey

2 comments:

Lindsay H said...

This is so inspiring! I have been trying to muster the courage to bring my guitar to work to play for the wee ones at Takoma Park.

Seeing how successful your program has become makes me feel like I just might be able to do this! :)

rock-n-roll!

Casey said...

Of course you can! If there's one language that kids understand it is music. Let me know if you get it up and running. :) !